Friday, March 5, 2010

Maui 2010

Maui was great fun this year. We got to spend our vacation with Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Melissa(somehow I didn't come home with a good group picture.) Ryan learned to body surf and to snorkel...he loved it, he didn't want to come home. The only complaint he had of the ocean was the taste of the salt water, he hated it. Jack, however, liked to lick it off his fingers and Daddy's shoulders. The babies DID NOT like the sand and would not touch it at all. They stayed camped out on the lounge chairs the entire time.



Ryan enjoyed building sand castles and getting buried in the sand. The beach was magic for Jack, the warm breezes and the sound of the ocean lulled him into sleep...one day he took a 4 hour nap. Lets just say he doesn't do that at home.






We had fun outings around the island, the aquarium, the sugar cane train, milkshakes, and of course shaved ice! Ryan had a blue beach(the flavor he likes) catastrophe in the car. I just laughed and said thank goodness it is a rental. It cleaned up nice, I am not that bad of a person.


We were lucky enough to have a great view of the Sheraton's Luau off our porch and the kids enjoyed dancing and running around. For those of you who have not experienced Callie's mad dancing skills, you are certainly missing out!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

They are sooo cute! Looks like you guys had a great time. I can't wait to go back sometime.

Laurie said...

Ahh so much fun. Jealous you ask, why YES I AM. I am so glad you had fun. I love Cali in her glasses! FUN!